Friday, February 26, 2010

Method 11

After several tries at searching some of the podcast directories for different subjects of interest in order to get an idea of how to find podcasts and to learn what was out there, for lack of a better idea I put in the word "books" into one of the directories to see what would come up. I figured that there would have to be quite a lot of podcasts in this area. Several things came up that looked interesting, but I decided to listen to a podcast called "How the Rare Book Business is an Online Treasure Hunt". I don't have a great personal interests in rare books (other than a wish to learn that I have in my own collection of books, 3 or 4 books worth several thousand dollars each), but our library has quite a few very rare books. So I thought it might be interesting to listen to. It didn't really relate to the type of books that our library has, but it was interesting to listen to anyway, and I learned a few things. I tried a few other podcasts, including several from the list of library related podcasts, but I think I have determined that I am not a podcast type person.

No comments:

Post a Comment